Friday, October 3, 2014

Texas Fly Fishers Club Presentation

This past Tuesday night I had the privilege of meeting a wonderful bunch of fly fishers from the Texas Fly Fishers Club in Houston, Texas. I can't believe all of the things that they do to fish, conserve, and educate. I spoke to them about our fishery, but in turn learned so much about their organization. 

They take freshwater and saltwater fly fishing trips, help boys and girls fly fish, educate their members to cast, build rods, and tie flies. They are also very interested about our fishery and were very curious about fly selection, seasons, tides, and presentation to our inshore and beach species. 

They are a truly special club and I'm so glad to have been invited to speak to them. Hopefully, some of you can join me next time I go somewhere like this because as I was listening, I felt that some of you would have also enjoyed the excitement to our sport that this group displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment